cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Saving as stl. again

JeremyConnaught
1-Newbie

Saving as stl. again

Hi

I have imported a model as a prt. and reworked it in Creo Parametric, now I need to save it as an stl. so it can be 3D printed.But for some reason it's not actually saving as an stl. The model is solid and saves as a prt. easily but how do I get an stl. out of it?

Thanks

Jeremy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jeremy,

The next thing I would do is set the Chord Height to be zero, Creo will then use the smallest value possible. If that doesn't work, send the model into academicsupport@ptc.com so that we can take a look at it?

Thanks,

Adam

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Have just noticed that when i try to save it as an .stl it comes up for a very brief second and then disappears.

So it looks as if it is trying to save but doesn't, any clues?

thanks

jeremy

Jeremy,

Are you using File> Save As> Save a Copy and then from the Type drop-down menu, select Stereolithography (*.stl)? If you are and it still is not working, it sounds like you may be trying to save the file to a location on your computer where you don't have write permissions.

Regards,

Adam

Hi Adam

I have tried to save to variuos locations including memory stick but to no avail. I have managed to save before no problem, this is a first!

confused

Surface models will not allow saving as an STL so check the model has solid features and not just surfaces. A Mass Properties anlaysis will show whether it has volume and mass. Happy to connect to have a look if that would help.

i Tim

yep its definitely solid, have just run the Mass properties,no probs.

just noticed that when I try to save as .stl in file/save as etc.only a small section of the model highlights greengreen2.jpgyou can just see it under the arm!

Jeremy

Jeremy,

The next thing I would do is set the Chord Height to be zero, Creo will then use the smallest value possible. If that doesn't work, send the model into academicsupport@ptc.com so that we can take a look at it?

Thanks,

Adam

Thanks Adam

that worked a treat, still getting used to all the little tricks on this fab software,

Thanks again very much appreciated.

Jeremy

That's a little trick my friend Tim Brotherhood taught me

Top Tags