cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Slow creo element 5.0(school edition)

ptc-5293213
1-Newbie

Slow creo element 5.0(school edition)

Hello,

I'm a french student, and I've started to learn technical drawing this year in Creo Element 5.0 School edition

But after one month of good work, Creo became very slow, all tools don't really answer or just run extremely slowly.

I don't think that the problem comes from my laptop because he is powerful (intel I5, 6144 MB RAM).

I don't know where is the problem and If you have an idee to help me : your'e welcome !

I've one question: can I uninstall and reinstall the software without problem with license ?

Thank you

Jean-Baptiste Vassort

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If Creo was working OK and has become slow recently it's likely to be be caused by some other software you have installed. Maybe a recently installed program has changed the settings on your graphics card?

First try updating the graphics drivers to the letest ones on the PC manufacturers web site.

It is unlikley on a fairly new PC but next, check you are not running out of space on your hard disk.

If none of this works please log a support form here: www.ptc.com/go/academic-support and one of our technical people will be in touch.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

If Creo was working OK and has become slow recently it's likely to be be caused by some other software you have installed. Maybe a recently installed program has changed the settings on your graphics card?

First try updating the graphics drivers to the letest ones on the PC manufacturers web site.

It is unlikley on a fairly new PC but next, check you are not running out of space on your hard disk.

If none of this works please log a support form here: www.ptc.com/go/academic-support and one of our technical people will be in touch.

Thank you very much, it's works !

It was a problem of settings on my graphic card.

Top Tags