cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Student Edition does NOT include simulate-lite despite claims that it does.

ptc-4266881
4-Participant

Student Edition does NOT include simulate-lite despite claims that it does.

Your website says the student edition comes with simulate-lite... but it does not. It is not listed when I go to >help> system information even though I very explicitely checked the box to install "simulate" during the installation process. What's up? How do we ACTUALLY get simulate-lite to work?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Simulate and simulate lite apparently do NOT load automatically with the student license... but they ARE available. I had to re-run the installation and then EXPAND a box next to "Creo" (as I recall) to see a list of subcomponents that would and would not be loaded. The simulate option was NOT checked. Once I checked it and finished that process it became available as a tab in Creo.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@ptc-4266881 wrote:
Your website says the student edition comes with simulate-lite... but it does not. It is not listed when I go to >help> system information even though I very explicitely checked the box to install "simulate" during the installation process. What's up? How do we ACTUALLY get simulate-lite to work?

Hi,

• open part
  • activate Applications tab
  • click Simulate button

Martin Hanák

It opens, but all menus are grey. More importantly, going to >file>help>system information lists mechanisms and lots of other packages but does not show simulate.

@ptc-4266881 wrote:
It opens, but all menus are grey. More importantly, going to >file>help>system information lists mechanisms and lots of other packages but does not show simulate.

Hi,

1.] I think Simulate Lite module is not present in System information window, because it does not have any code assigned. It is free.

2.] What Creo version do you use ?

3.] Attach picture of Creo window before and after clicking Simulate button.

Martin Hanák

All of the modules that are listed are free. Simulate would definitely be listed if it was present.

@ptc-4266881 wrote:
All of the modules that are listed are free. Simulate would definitely be listed if it was present.

Hi,

FYI ...

1.] Creo Student license can be used free of charge by students, only

2.] Lite modules are available for free for all Creo users, these modules have limited functionality

Martin Hanák

Hi,

video simulate_lite.mp4 shows how to access Simulate Lite mode. Please note that Simulate Lite has special UI that differs from standard Simulate UI (which is greyed).

Martin Hanák

Simulate and simulate lite apparently do NOT load automatically with the student license... but they ARE available. I had to re-run the installation and then EXPAND a box next to "Creo" (as I recall) to see a list of subcomponents that would and would not be loaded. The simulate option was NOT checked. Once I checked it and finished that process it became available as a tab in Creo.

Top Tags