cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Student Edition "Back up CD"

ptc-2911038
1-Newbie

Student Edition "Back up CD"

I am currently in the process of reinstalling Pro/E due to a computer OS crash (bad timing as I got a project due for my midterm using the software), and I had to reinstall the software since I purchased it for the first time. So I figured no big deal since I ordered the "Back Up" disk from the store when I purchased the software. Turns out the "Back Up" disk I spent 26$ for is nothing but the 30MB installer you download originally when buying the software. Which is very disappointing, to pay 26$ for the connivance of having a install disk when you need it just to find out it doesn't install anything on its own. I already tried reinstalling the software once, the download didn't work because of errors, and now this is the 2nd time, slowly eating away at my ISP's bandwidth cap for a service one would expect from the disk one purchases. Hopefully the 2nd time works. Either way this has been a disappointing experience. Dimitri
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Dimitrios, Can you send me an email with your receipt for the student edition? My email address is -. WE can provide you with a new CD. Thanks, Mark

Its fine now, ended up getting it to work after 2 attempts and putting both sets of files together, which told the installer everything was downloaded and it finally installed. Just disappointed that the Back Up CD is not the software itself and only the installer. Thanks anyways. Dimitri
Top Tags