cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Student Licence Error 'The licence request to ptc.com appeared to have a communication error'

Joe1
3-Visitor

Student Licence Error 'The licence request to ptc.com appeared to have a communication error'

Hi there.

I have been trying to install Creo software onto my laptop, which I have done previously on an old laptop that is now broken. 

I have followed the instructions found at https://apps.ptc.com/schools/references/install_creo5_schools_standard.pdf word for word, but whenever I try to enter the licence key it asks me to log in, followed by an error. (Screenshot attached)

I was able to install the software by skipping the licensing, but obviously I am not able to run the software. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joe1
3-Visitor
(To:AaronB2)

That was what I tried first but unfortunately it didn't work.

My problem is solved now though!

I got in touch with customer support and it was fixed in a couple of hours. They emailed me the licence file. After you have downloaded it, you then have to drag and drop it into the install wizard onto the third option of the licensing page (after simple and advanced).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Fego
1-Newbie
(To:Joe1)

I have the same problem ! could you please provide us with a valid code?

AaronB
3-Visitor

Same issue (I posted too). I tried to reinstall 4.0 after 5.0 didn't work but now neither of them work 😞

Same thing for me. I will ask the support. 

AaronB2
2-Guest

Update: Use BK500806ED0790-Y3M9-4RW5 as the license key and all should go well. Found it on another forum post discussing the same thing. Apparently the codes have changed but haven't been updated yet.

Joe1
3-Visitor
(To:AaronB2)

That was what I tried first but unfortunately it didn't work.

My problem is solved now though!

I got in touch with customer support and it was fixed in a couple of hours. They emailed me the licence file. After you have downloaded it, you then have to drag and drop it into the install wizard onto the third option of the licensing page (after simple and advanced).

YEAH! Thanks 🙂

Top Tags