cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Student Version

mreinthaler
1-Newbie

Student Version

I have a question about my free creo student version 1.0

For my project in school i need to use the application "welding" but it doesn´t work.

Is there a possibility that i can use this application?

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19

Hi Martin,

I have moved this to the Academic Community to get the most relevant eyes on it.

Best,

Toby

Hi,

according to my knowledge, Student license does not contain Welding module.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

Ok thanks.

And there is no other possibility?

Hi,

if there is  Creo lab at your university, you can try to do your "homework" there. Also you can ask Creo administrator to provide you more powerful license.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

creo_lizenz.PNG

What means this and what can i do?

I got a license from school that i can also use the application "welding" at the student version creo 1.0.

Can i use this license and how i can write it in?

Hi,

licenses included in license file are related to HOST-ID 20-6A-8A-9D-1D-CB. I think this HOST-ID is not equal to MAC address of network card installed in your computer.

If license file does not contain SERVER and DAEMON lines, then it contains locked licenses. In this case you cannot use this license file.

If license file contains SERVER and DAEMON lines, then it contains floating licenses. You have to connect your computer to LAN where computer with HOST-ID 20-6A-8A-9D-1D-CB is connected. Then you can reconfigure your installation to take the license from this computer using notation 7788@computername.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

Yeah thanks it works again

Another question:

I got a license file from school that i also can use the application "welding".

Works this license? If it works how should I write it in?

Hi,

launch Creo and then click File > Help > System Information. Scroll INFORMATION WINDOW to see Configured Option Modules section and look for WELDING option inside the list of modules. If it is present then you can create welding ...

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

in the old license file which works now welding is not present in the information window. --> for this reason i got a more powerful license from school but when i want

to launch creo it opens this window ...

License fail.PNG

Does that mean that i can´t use this license file from school?

Can i mail this file to you somehow or is this not possible?

Hi,

1.]

Your license file can be used on PC with network card MAC address 20-6A-8A-9D-1D-CB, only.

I hope it is your PC, please check it.

2.]

License file contains floating license. This means you have to install FLEXnet license manager.

Run setup.exe from installation media and drag and drop license file into Source field. To get empty Source field, use minus button to remove old entries.

Default FLEXnet installation directory is ... C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server

install.png

3.]

Finish installer and run ptcstatus.bat to see if it is running and providing a license PROE_Educ1.

4.]

Edit parametric2_selbe.psf file.

Change

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=C:\Users\Martin\Desktop\lm_reinthaler_standard.txt

to

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=7788@nameofyourpc

5.]

Launch Creo.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

I followed your steps.

That comes when i open ptcstatus.bat ...

eingabeforderung.PNG

and that comes when i launch creo ...

server fail.PNG

It says that i cannot connect to license server system

Hi,

please run C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server\bin\ptcstatus.bat

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

When i want to open this .bat file it opens a window for a short time and then it closes immediately.

Hi,

uninstall license manager using following procedure:

1. open Services dialog box
  2. select lmadmin_ptc service and Stop it
  3. open Programs and Features dialog box
  4. select FLEXnet Admin Version 11.... item and uninstall it
  5. remove FLEXnet Admin License Server directory in C:\Program Files\PTC
  6. restart PC
  7. following instruction sent via email

MH

Martin Hanák

I have two FLEXnet Admin LiServer folder ...

Unbenannt5.PNG

When i run ptcstatus.bat in "FLEXnet Admin License Server.OLD" it appears this window ...

Unbenannt3.PNG

Unbenannt7.PNG

Hi,

license manager is running and providing a license PROE_Educ1. Therefore you can launch Creo (installed on the same PC as FLEXnet).

psf file has to contain ... ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=7788@acer_aspire

MH

Martin Hanák

Yesssss thanks you are a genius

Martin,

good luck with Creo ...

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags