cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Student edition renewal PTC Creo 6.0

JS_10223622
3-Visitor

Student edition renewal PTC Creo 6.0

Hey, I've got the same problem, but could not fix it with the instructions above. Could someone please help me out? I've already tried changing my password and followed the relicense guide.  I recieved a document saying that my license is renewed (see attachments), but creo still says that my license expires in 14 days.

My Host-ID is E0-0A-F6-5E-38-C5. 

Thank you very much.

RE: post

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Example:

• Creo installation directory on my PC ... E:\PTC\Creo8_040
  • corresponding path to Parametric\bin sub-directory ... E:\PTC\Creo8_040\Creo 8.0.4.0\Parametric\bin

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@JS_10223622 wrote:

Hey, I've got the same problem, but could not fix it with the instructions above. Could someone please help me out? I've already tried changing my password and followed the relicense guide.  I recieved a document saying that my license is renewed (see attachments), but creo still says that my license expires in 14 days.

My Host-ID is E0-0A-F6-5E-38-C5. 

Thank you very much.

RE: post

Hi,

1.]

New license file you received via email contains license valid up to 24-Feb-2024. Inside the file there is license code which enables you to run Creo up to version 8.0. You can run 6.0, too!

2.]

To "connect" new license file to existing Creo 6.0 installation, please follow this procedure:

• save file to disc drive
    • currently used license file is saved in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing directory
  • go to Parametric\bin sub-directory in Creo installation
  • open parametric.psf file in Notepad
  • find line starting with ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=
  • after equal sign there is the path to currently used license file ... replace it with the path to new license file
  • save parametric.psf file
  • find line starting with ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=
  • the name following equal sign must be included in new license file ... check it
  • start Creo

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

thank you very much for your answer. I want to refresh my license for my existing Creo 8.0.4.0 installation, does your instruction work the same for this version? I could not find any Parametric\bin sub-directory...

Best regards 

Jakob Spreng

Example:

• Creo installation directory on my PC ... E:\PTC\Creo8_040
  • corresponding path to Parametric\bin sub-directory ... E:\PTC\Creo8_040\Creo 8.0.4.0\Parametric\bin

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin, thank you very much for your respond. Creo works again without asking for any license renewals.

Top Tags