cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Surface Area Measurement

FarrukhRizvi
1-Newbie

Surface Area Measurement

dear friends i would not considered as completely new Pro-e user but working with Proe for while. Right now it is WF4.0 i am working with. How can we measure of the multiple surfaces in solid modelling? In surface you can select quilt and measure. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Hello, To find the surface area in Pro/E, please follow the steps below. 1) Click Analysis menu and choose Measure and then Area. 2) click the surface and you will see the surface area be presented in the dialog that is open. Thanks, MARK

Thanks Mark, that's fine indeed and idea works for one surface only in solid. You can't hold control key and add adjacent surface. I was really looking for meauring surface area for mutliple surfaces. For instance, a table with irregualr shape having quite a number of surface. I need to calculate coating material consumption on the surface so i need surface area for the surface altogether. Hope i made it clear.

Try select Measure>Area and when you position the cursor over the part it initially highlights a surface and shows the name of the feature that is highlighted, right mouse click until you see that the part is highlighted then select it. You can also create a surface copy selecting the solid surfaces and measuring the area of the quilt.

Continue selecting on the solid model until one of the surfaces highlights. Then use the control key to continue selecting the surfaces that you want.

Then Edit-Copy, Edit-Paste. Take the default and select green check to create the surface set.

Next: Analysis-Measure-Area. Right click over the area set just created and select "pick from list". Select the quilt in the feature set, "ok".

The area of the surfaces will display in the area box.

Top Tags