cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Team Management module

wrunck-2
1-Newbie

Team Management module

I'm seeing some issues in Team management.

1. I'm unable to add members with Site level accounts into roles other than their initial one. The search options only seem to return First level accounts and I haven't figured out how to edit a Site level account into a First account. We've got mentors who are PTC customers with preexisting accounts. Rather than force them to create new accounts with different email addresses, I'd like for them to be able to work with their current accounts.

2. Search function in Add Members time's out before it returns results. Sometimes this is recoverable with wait or refresh attempts, but it looks like it's searching a large dataset that doesn't have a good index.

3. Using local email client to send mail to the team transfers the subject line, but not the addressees from Windchill.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:wrunck-2)

1. I'm unable to add members with Site level accounts into roles other than their initial one. The search options only seem to return First level accounts and I haven't figured out how to edit a Site level account into a First account. We've got mentors who are PTC customers with preexisting accounts. Rather than force them to create new accounts with different email addresses, I'd like for them to be able to work with their current accounts.

[SM] If you have existing team members, use the copy/paste/delete method to move them to a new Role.

[SM] The user search is limited at this point due to the extremely high number of users on the system. The best way to add new team members is to use the Email option at the bottom on the window. Search would ultimately be the best option, but PTC does not currently have a way to limit the search, so it spends some time looking through the thousands of users on the system.

AddMemberbyEmail.png

[SM] Using the email search option is also the best way to find people becuase it is more unique. Arguably, it is not the most user friendly way to find people, but it will get you over the hurdle.

2. Search function in Add Members time's out before it returns results. Sometimes this is recoverable with wait or refresh attempts, but it looks like it's searching a large dataset that doesn't have a good index.

[SM] Correct. PTC is working on this to see if improvments can be made. There are thousands of PTC accounts to search and they are all located in a user management tool outside WIndchill.

3. Using local email client to send mail to the team transfers the subject line, but not the addressees from Windchill.

[SM] Correct. This is a limitation of using your own email client with Windchill. I will put in a request to have this updated ASAP.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:wrunck-2)

[SM] If you have existing team members, use the copy/paste/delete method to move them to a new Role.

[SM] The user search is limited at this point due to the extremely high number of users on the system. The best way to add new team members is to use the Email option at the bottom on the window. Search would ultimately be the best option, but PTC does not currently have a way to limit the search, so it spends some time looking through the thousands of users on the system.

AddMemberbyEmail.png

[SM] Using the email search option is also the best way to find people becuase it is more unique. Arguably, it is not the most user friendly way to find people, but it will get you over the hurdle.

[SM] Correct. PTC is working on this to see if improvments can be made. There are thousands of PTC accounts to search and they are all located in a user management tool outside WIndchill.

[SM] Correct. This is a limitation of using your own email client with Windchill. I will put in a request to have this updated ASAP.

Top Tags