cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Template mmns_part_solid is missing

vdylan
1-Newbie

Template mmns_part_solid is missing

Hello

I recently downloaded PTC Creo Parametric for my Homework and eduction plan as an industrial engineer. In class we are used to deselect the "Default Template" and select "mmns_part_solid' as template. But there the problem occurs. I only have three templates to chose and neither of them is the good one.

Is there a solution for it?

Thanks for helping

Dylan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dylan,

You can take one of the part templates you are seeing and save it as "mmns_part_solid.prt" in whatever directory your template files exist in.  Change your units as follows (going by memory but I think these would be correct):

Length: mm

Mass: gram

Force: N

Time: sec

Temperature: C

Since you saved it in your directory using the student version of the software the new template file will be usable going forward.  I tell my students the same thing when they run into something like this with the student version of Creo.

Hope that helps!

Mike

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Dylan,

You can take one of the part templates you are seeing and save it as "mmns_part_solid.prt" in whatever directory your template files exist in.  Change your units as follows (going by memory but I think these would be correct):

Length: mm

Mass: gram

Force: N

Time: sec

Temperature: C

Since you saved it in your directory using the student version of the software the new template file will be usable going forward.  I tell my students the same thing when they run into something like this with the student version of Creo.

Hope that helps!

Mike

Top Tags