cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Trouble with installation / licensing for student

josh85
3-Visitor

Trouble with installation / licensing for student

Hello,

I am a mechanical engineering (university) student trying to install Creo v4 with a student license. After I filled out my information on the PTC website, the site gave me links to download the installation files (~4GB) and a PDF with instructions. Those instructions included a product code BE410708EDSTUDENTEDK12. When I enter it in the Installer, it prompts me to enter my email address and password for PTC.com. After I do that, the software hangs for a few minutes. Eventually the bottom half of the screen shows a path to a file in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\, and a status of "invalid file or format". The Next button is disabled so I can't go any further in the installation process.

From reading other threads, I have (unsuccessfully) tried the following:

Rebooting and deleting all files in the folder C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing before installing.

Disabling all network adapters except for the adapter that's connected to the internet.

Temporarily disabling windows firewall.

What else should I be doing?

Screenshot attached.

Thanks,

Josh

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

see https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Academic-Program-Discussions/Creo-4-0-Student-Edition-License-says-quot-Success-quot-but-also/m-p/539763/highlight/false#M9777

I guess that the adapter that's connected to the internet is not supported. Send me your ip.txt file and I'll tell you.

I guess that installer knows hardware LAN and WiFi networks adapters, only.

Martin Hanák

Disabling IPv6 communication resolved the problem.

Martin Hanák

Yes it did! Thanks for the help Martin!

Top Tags