cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Trouble with manufacturing

ptc-4752222
1-Newbie

Trouble with manufacturing

Hi,

I'm trying to add a NC path to one of my models to allow it to be milled out of a bar by a CNC machine, but every time I go to start a NC manufacturing, or any sort of manufacturing for that matter in the Creo 2 student edition, I don’t get the manufacturing tab or any options. It thinks about it for a second then doesn’t do anything. I get no change from whatever screen I'm in. As a stopgap, I created a NC work piece over the top of the model in assembly, but I can’t get manufacturing to load or open to do anything else.

I feel like I’m missing something, pointers?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The Student edition of Creo 2.0 provides access to CAM lite, 2.5 axis milling via Expert Machinist.

For additional capabilites you would need to purchase an Academic edition.

9-28-2012 12-15-57 PM.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The Student edition of Creo 2.0 provides access to CAM lite, 2.5 axis milling via Expert Machinist.

For additional capabilites you would need to purchase an Academic edition.

9-28-2012 12-15-57 PM.png

Cheers, I'll borrow the University’s copy to finish the model. I figured it would be something like this but couldn’t find the documentation to be sure.

Can you tell me how can I enable CAM lite in my commericial version ? 

I have Creo essentials Package. 

Hi,

create new manufacturing and set Expert Machinist sub-type.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags