cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Vectors and Graphing Help with Mathcad

egiarta1671
1-Newbie

Vectors and Graphing Help with Mathcad

So I have been taking a Calculus III course at the local community college and AP Physics at school and have noticed the incredible power of the dot product, cross product, 3D graphing, gradient, partial derivatives, integrals, and the works, especially for a prgogramm like the FIRST Robotics Competition. I know that PTC's Mathcad is a powerful mathemathical computation program so I was wondering how to do some fairly basic but highly useful operations like dot product, cross product, 3D graphing, gradient, table of values, and partial derivatives. Is anyone that knows how willing to help? It would be greatly appreciated!

--

Evan Giarta

Buchanan Bird Brains FRC Team 1671

Chief Executive Officer, 2011 - 2012

Director of CAD and Design, 2010 - 2011

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Evan Giarta wrote:

So I have been taking a Calculus III course at the local community college and AP Physics at school and have noticed the incredible power of the dot product, cross product, 3D graphing, gradient, partial derivatives, integrals, and the works, especially for a prgogramm like the FIRST Robotics Competition. I know that PTC's Mathcad is a powerful mathemathical computation program so I was wondering how to do some fairly basic but highly useful operations like dot product, cross product, 3D graphing, gradient, table of values, and partial derivatives. Is anyone that knows how willing to help? It would be greatly appreciated!

--

Evan Giarta

You're not asking for much!

Get a copy of Mathcad and start. Dot and Cross products are built-in operations. So are derivatives and integrals. (grad, div, and curl are speciall applications of derivatives.) Graphing is built-in, although it's not as versatile as some users would like.You can build tables of values (and export them.

Mathcad knows and converts units.

The attached sheets will give you a taste; to answer your query in depth would take pages and pages (and years and years.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:egiarta1671)

Nothing is worse than two threads on one topic (except three threads on one topic of course) so I'll point this thread to the other one:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/172331#172331

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:RichardJ)

Pahahahahaha

Mike

Evan Giarta wrote:

--

Evan Giarta

You're not asking for much!

Get a copy of Mathcad and start. Dot and Cross products are built-in operations. So are derivatives and integrals. (grad, div, and curl are speciall applications of derivatives.) Graphing is built-in, although it's not as versatile as some users would like.You can build tables of values (and export them.

Mathcad knows and converts units.

The attached sheets will give you a taste; to answer your query in depth would take pages and pages (and years and years.)

Top Tags