cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

What is the difference between Creo Parametric and Creo Direct?

RemiCancun
1-Newbie

What is the difference between Creo Parametric and Creo Direct?

Hi Everybody,

I'm looking for a contact with an expert in PTC Creo. But for now, I haven't had any contact.

I would like to know what is the difference between Creo Parametric and Creo Direct?

Optionally, I would like to understand which softwares would be for me.

I have a boat design idea and I would like to skech it, develop it in 3D and simulate it. (at least some parts)

The material would be composite fiber.

What should I buy?

In advance thank you

Best regards,

Remi

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Remi. Creo Direct has no model tree, you have tools to create and edit the shapes you see on the screen.

Creo Parametric keeps a history of the features you create allowing you to go back and edit the parameters that were used to create the geometry first time round. Ceo Parametric has a wider range of tools for creating shapes..

Historically, the geometry of boat hulls was lofted through a series of parallel sections and Creo Parametric does this with the Swept Blend tool. Creo Parametric also has a freestyle tool that lets you create dynamically curved, organic type shapes really easily. Here is a demonstration of Freestyle creating a vacuum cleaner nozzle.

Thank you Tim,

Your answer helped me a lot.

So Creo Parametric would be the best option for me, right?

Now what I want to figure out is how work the packages or does Creo Parametric have options or add-ons oe Apps or something like that to fit my specific needs?

For instance, I feel it would be interesting to begin with sketches. I read about 2d skech.

Is it part of a package or is it an App included (by option or not) in creo Parametric?

Next I'll have question about composite and simulation.

Best regards,

Rémi

PTC Creo Parametric includes sketching and 3D features like extrude, revolve, swept blend, etc. Most likely all you will need to produce boat hull shapes.

By composite/analysis I assume you mean finite element analysis (FEA) for strutures? PTC Creo Simulate is available as an add on module. Contact your nearest Creo reseller for advice on features, modules, prices and details of our e-learning which is a great way to learn Creo.

Good luck with your designs.

Hi Tim,

I have now a much better understanding! Thank you very much.

Yes I meant FEA and something like FIBERSIM from Siemens. Is there something similar with PLC?

mechengineer31
5-Regular Member
(To:RemiCancun)

Creo Parametric is what most people think of when they think of “Creo. It's the standard solution for scalable 3D CAD design and is the direct descendent of Pro/Engineer Wildfire. Creo Direct is a separate application that allows users to make edits to 2D and 3D parametric designs in a direct modeling environment

Top Tags