cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Why cant I import and export ?

slua
1-Newbie

Why cant I import and export ?

Hi, i had already been granted permission for everything but why cant I Import and Export stuff

and by any chance I can manually Import stuff?error.png

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
adrianpet
5-Regular Member
(To:slua)

Hi,

Can you tell me what instance are you accessing, the exact URL that you are using to access the Thingworx instance? From the picture that you have attached it is not clear.

Thanks,

Adrian

slua
1-Newbie
(To:adrianpet)
adrianpet
5-Regular Member

Hi,

In order to use the import/export feature you need to be an Administrator. This means that you have to be part of the Administrators group(which you are currently not). Please ask the owner of your instance(tan_siew_ling@nyp.edu.sg) to make you an Administrator also if you need to use the import/export feature. I suggest you use the Logs (specially the Application log) in order to see what type of problems you have when you are trying to execute, create, modify or delete any entity from Thingworx. In case the owner of the instance doesn't know how to make you an Administrator or doesn't know how to grant you the necessary permissions, I suggest using the Administrator Guide for Educators from the thingworx.com website in the Academic Program section(PTC IoT Academic Program | ThingWorx)

Thanks,

Adrian

slua
1-Newbie
(To:adrianpet)

Thanks Adrian, really appreciate it!

adrianpet
5-Regular Member

Hi,

The only Administrator on that instance is: tan_siew_ling@nyp.edu.sg. Is that your account name?

Thanks.

Adrian

Top Tags