cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Windchill accounts: Site vs. FIRST

WRunck
1-Newbie

Windchill accounts: Site vs. FIRST

I have invited several members to the 4533 team. Some are showing up as Site members when they register and join and others as FIRST members. I can't seem to put Site members into roles (like mentor) and I can't figure out how some invitees are ending up with Site accounts and others with FIRST accounts.

Any help?

TIA

Walter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:WRunck)

Yes, if they created an Academic account. There is a drop down menu to define which Academic Program they are participating in. I am working with PTC IT now to find out if any special action is required if a Basic account was created instead of an Academic account.

NewAccount.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Anyone creating a new account should be creating a new "Academic" account. When creating it, they need to chose "FIRST" as their preferred academic program. This will put the in the correct Organization.

WRunck
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Thanks, can the org be corrected for those that missed the FIRST selection?

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Yes, if they created an Academic account. There is a drop down menu to define which Academic Program they are participating in. I am working with PTC IT now to find out if any special action is required if a Basic account was created instead of an Academic account.

NewAccount.png

Top Tags