cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

creo 2.0 opening error - Licence Request failed for feature

ptc-4847063
1-Newbie

creo 2.0 opening error - Licence Request failed for feature

I downloaded the 4.155 gb creo 2.0 student edition file from the website. I installed as per the instructions. things worked properly. My friend with a very slow internet connection wanted to install creo 2.0. I gave him the installation file. Is that appropriate ? Or should he download the file himself ?

He registered with the creo student website, they gave gim the appropriate key via email and later sent along the license file. The installation occured smoothly. He also installed the license file. But when he opened creo 2.0 he encountered an error, whose screenshot has been attached. error.jpg How are we supposed to proceed from here ? Hope this information helps. Thanks in advance.

Gokul.

8 REPLIES 8

This could be as simple as the wrong MAC address. I know when I used the CPUID.exe program, it picked up my router instead of my network card.

Have him contact customer support to resolve this.

Okay... MAC addresses if I am right go like -> 00-XX-YY-ZZ-BB-PP-... right ?

my friend has 2 network cards numbered 12 and 5, as checked in registry. One of them, I have attached as a network+card.jpg

screenshot below. Any idea how should he go about modifying things either in the license file or the registry ? We have contacted customer support via the form and are waiting for a response. As we are in dire need of using the software, any help is appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Gokul.

All I know is that the "12" will be the primary and the "5" will be seocndary.

We changed the folder name in the registry (we= customer service). Whichever card the mac address is tied to needs to be the lower number. IE: change "5" to "1" and "12" to "2" if that is appropriate.

I did try that. Didn't work :-(.

Hello Gokul and welcome to PTC Community.

I moved your discussion to the Schools Program Community. The PTC Academic Program Team can assist you with your license issue.

Cc: Mark Fischer

-Dan

Hello,

Thanks all, for the support. A very helpful person from the PTC Academic Program Team connected with my friend via Team Viewer, performed the installation for him and despite the poor network ( from my friend's side ) reinstalled the software with some additional modifications by replacing a few files. Thanks a lot ! :-). I have never seen such support offered by any software service team anywhere. Very prompt and genuinely concerned about helping people with problems in installations ! :-). Creo is the all round package, thanks to you guys.

Cheers,

Gokul.

Glad it worked out Love happy endings... or beginnings I guess.

Hey how was the problem resolved? i've got the same issue.

Top Tags