cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

feature recognition in Creo Parametric 5.0

TheProeMan
6-Contributor

feature recognition in Creo Parametric 5.0

I must be missing something since I updated to Creo Parametric 5.0. I have looked over the technical documents and it doesn't come right out and say that the Feature Recogniton Tool is not supported in Creo Parametric 5.0. All that it does is specify that certain documentation is related to Creo P1 - P4. 

What I want to know is why am I able to change the options in my config.pro file if there is no FRT in Creo 5.0? Is there another way to recognize import geometry? Is Flexible Modeling going to be the new standard for this type of FRT? 

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I tested Creo 5.0.0.0.

FRT works well.

Martin Hanák

I must be missing something here. I have gone into my config options and tried to set the frt_enabled to "yes." Every time that I do this it acts like it is not taking the value that I want (yes). Then instead of adding the changed option it just doesn't cover it. I have tried to do this a number of times and I cannot add the frt option to my config.pro file. 

I don't know if you are actually using Creo Parametric 5.0. This doesn't seem to be working in Creo Parametric 5.0. I think that you may have that confused with Creo Elements 5.0. I have a tech support call in with PTC on this. So there hopefully will some kind of closure on this issue. 

PS  I still cannot figure out how you were able to use FRT in Creo Par 5.0

Top Tags