cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

licence unable

PT_9981927
3-Visitor

licence unable

hello:

everyone. When I change a wireless network, the host id will change, and the license will be displayed as expired, and creo cannot be opened. my creo is 8.0 student edition.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@PT_9981927 wrote:

hello:

everyone. When I change a wireless network, the host id will change, and the license will be displayed as expired, and creo cannot be opened. my creo is 8.0 student edition.

Hi,

I guess Windows does not use WiFi physical address. Instead of this it generates random physical address. This feature can be disabled - see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-use-random-hardware-addresses-in-windows-ac58de34-35fc-31ff-c650-823fc48eb1bc page.

Note: If your computer contains Ethernet network card, then you can turn of WiFi and connect computer to network using cable. During Creo installation Ethernet physical address is used. Later you have to disable Windows to shutdown Ethernet card when it is not connected to switch using cable.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@PT_9981927 wrote:

hello:

Hi,

I guess Windows does not use WiFi physical address. Instead of this it generates random physical address. This feature can be disabled - see https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-use-random-hardware-addresses-in-windows-ac58de34-35fc-31ff-c650-823fc48eb1bc page.

Note: If your computer contains Ethernet network card, then you can turn of WiFi and connect computer to network using cable. During Creo installation Ethernet physical address is used. Later you have to disable Windows to shutdown Ethernet card when it is not connected to switch using cable.

Martin Hanák

thank you.

absuatly,It generates random physical addresses.i will try it. thany you again.

Top Tags