cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

setup.exe for Creo 8.0 doesn't start

AS_10069812
3-Visitor

setup.exe for Creo 8.0 doesn't start

Yesterday my license ran out so i tried to renew it and it wouldn't work so I deleted everything related to PTC an creo in the hope I could just reintall it. After I downloaded the zip file for Creo 8.0 and unpacked it I tried to run the setup.exe as Administrator but it wouldn't start. I tested it without Firewall and with Firewall on and with this Command bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off but it wouldn't start. I tried downloading Creo 10.0 and the setup.exe worked. So my question is has anyone an Idea why Creo 8.0 setup.exe doesn't start?

I am using Windows 11

7 REPLIES 7
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:AS_10069812)

I would suggest calling you VAR (reseller) and have them walk you through the process if you aren't real familiar with it. Their service is part of the reason they get paid.

I think I don't have the option to call a support because I am a student and would use the student edition of Creo 8.0 and they don't offer support but thank you.

Hi,

create another Administrator account, for example myadmin02, login as myadmin02 and run setup.exe from Creo 8.0 installation package.

Martin Hanák

thank you for your help. The setup.exe randomly worked yesterday without changing anything in my settings but now the license identification doesn't work. There ist always an "Error". The license is from my university so it should work. So any ideas about that problem?

AS_10069812_1-1693655462543.png

@AS_10069812 wrote:

thank you for your help. The setup.exe randomly worked yesterday without changing anything in my settings but now the license identification doesn't work. There ist always an "Error". The license is from my university so it should work. So any ideas about that problem?

AS_10069812_1-1693655462543.png

Hi,

according to https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Education-Forum/Creo-installation-stuck-at-processing/m-p/828065#M13079

you can send request for license file via email. When you receive it you can install Creo using this license file as Source (bottom part of installer window from your picture).

MartinHanak_0-1693656529340.png

Martin Hanák

ok thank you for your help

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:AS_10069812)

Just use Creo 10!

Top Tags