cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

setup.exe not starting for Creo 5.0

JA_9700930
1-Newbie

setup.exe not starting for Creo 5.0

Initialising Creo 5.0 setup.exe does not start up. It briefly loads after the windows prompt asking about changes beeing made which i accept. Only a little loading icon appears on the cursor for a second or two and then nothing happens; there is nothing running in the background, no windows open anywhere.
This behaviour hasn't changed despite:
Changing through all compatibility modes, turning off the firewall and windows defender, running it as an administrator, with or without internet connection, before and after windows updates (aswell as turning my pc off and on again), after multiple downloads of the zip and extracting the contents unto my desktop, without any pre-existing ptc/autocad folders on the disk, running .exe through the cmd, changing local user.
My PC specs are: 32GB RAM, 8-Core 3.7GHz CPU, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Nvidia 2080ti
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@JA_9700930 wrote:
Initialising Creo 5.0 setup.exe does not start up. It briefly loads after the windows prompt asking about changes beeing made which i accept. Only a little loading icon appears on the cursor for a second or two and then nothing happens; there is nothing running in the background, no windows open anywhere.
Changing through all compatibility modes, turning off the firewall and windows defender, running it as an administrator, with or without internet connection, before and after windows updates (aswell as turning my pc off and on again), after multiple downloads of the zip and extracting the contents unto my desktop, without any pre-existing ptc/autocad folders on the disk, running .exe through the cmd, changing local user.
My PC specs are: 32GB RAM, 8-Core 3.7GHz CPU, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Nvidia 2080ti

Hi,

please publish absolute path to setup.exe.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

Setup.exe is being blocked by something on your computer. Could you, please, make sure that there is no antimalware running during installation? There are a few very aggressive antimalware software that consider the connection to our licensing server unsecure.

Thanks,

Alex

@JA_9700930 wrote:

Hi,

please publish absolute path to setup.exe.

Martin Hanák

Hi,
the current path of the setup.exe is D:\Users\Jürgen\Desktop\MED-100WIN-CD-420_5-0-4-0_Win64 and after changing the path to C:\Users\Juerg\Desktop\MED-100WIN-CD-420_5-0-4-0_Win64 the setup.exe is now working!
It was the special character ü in my User Folder that somehow messed the startup up; thank you very much for pointing that out - i would've never guessed it myself!

Kind Regards

Jürgen Bandeira

@JA_9700930 wrote:

Hi,
the current path of the setup.exe is D:\Users\Jürgen\Desktop\MED-100WIN-CD-420_5-0-4-0_Win64 and after changing the path to C:\Users\Juerg\Desktop\MED-100WIN-CD-420_5-0-4-0_Win64 the setup.exe is now working!
It was the special character ü in my User Folder that somehow messed the startup up; thank you very much for pointing that out - i would've never guessed it myself!

Kind Regards

Jürgen Bandeira

Hi,

yeah yeah it's an old familiar thing ... PTC software was created quite a long time ago and therefore has problems with national characters and space character in names.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags