cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

password.mcd

msoni-2
1-Newbie

password.mcd

Hi all, I have forgotten the password for the locked areas of above and about 15 more files created about 6 years ago in Mathcad 13-14. I have attached the file in Mathcad 11 as suggested in some discussions. please help me find the password. Regards, Mukesh (-)

5 REPLIES 5
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:msoni-2)

It is not possible to find the password. I can probably unlock the areas, but two things are important:

1) You have to convince me that you are actually entitled to have the areas unlocked. Simply claiming that you created these files is not sufficient.

2) You have 14 locked areas in the one file you posted. If that is representative of the number of locked areas per file, then you need over 200 locked areas to be unlocked. I would have to do every one of those individually. That is several days of work (assuming 8 hours per day spent doing it, I estimate 3 days minimum, and more likely 5 days). Sorry, but that's not going to happen for free. Given that the areas are only locked for editing, so you can see the contents but not change them, your best bet is to retype everything.

Hi Richard,

Sorry for a ultra delayed reply. Got busy in something urgent.

I wondered if you could retrieve the password which is same for all my locked areas.

Although at the time when I created these files, I knew that I won't need to update them until standards revise.

Max, I might have to retype the areas.

Regards,

Mukesh

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Sorry, but retrieving the password is not possible. I can unlock the areas without knowing the password, but I have to do it one at a time, and it usually requires multiple steps for each area, so it's a lot of work.

For the future I recommend KeePass: KeePass Password Safe . It's free, it's open source (so there are no back doors), and it's cross platform.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Hi Mukesh,

I agree with Richard that you have to provide some proof that entitles you to have the areas unlocked.

Send me your English name (use the private message board of this forum), and if that convinces me, you'll get the password.

Luc

ppal
17-Peridot

Easy to do.

Takes notepad and "true" to "false".

If you are smart enough to do that mathcad - you should ahve no problems.

Top Tags