Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support of non-standard keyboard layout

Support of non-standard keyboard layout

So far only QWERTY keyboards seem to be supported which, at least on German keyboards, sometimes yields finger entanglement ;-)

It would be nice if the direct typing of equations could be facilitated by supporting different keyboard layouts.

Raiko

3 Comments
Level 1

Raiko,

I'm not exactly sure what you want. Do you want keyboard shortcuts customized for German and other languages? Or do you want the ability to customize your own keyboard shortcuts? We've discussed having that feature in a future release.

Mona

Level 11

Hello Mona,

many shortcuts are adapted for QWERTZ keyboards. This is in the case od characters only a minor problem. However, the problem is with the non text specific keys. Writing operators and functions rely on keys such as [ or \. It is called in German a "Monkey-Grip" as the user needs (in some cases) to press three keys simulataneously in order to access these operators - ouch!

I'd appreciate if I could have these keyboard shortcuts on (for me) more concenient positions.

Raiko

Level 3

The shorcut keys seem to be connected to the physical keys, not the logical keys. So even that the shortcut is marked as, for example,  Ctrl+Shift+} for else that does not work on Swedish/Finnish keyboard (or some others)

You need to enter Ctrl+Shift+å

Because these and some other keyboards have the ¤ sign as Shift 4 instead of $ you will also see this in the list instead of $

So your shorcuts do not necessarily work, if you are not using US keyboard.

I remember that I have informed both Mathsoft and PTC of this for version 15 and before. I was surprised that this was not taklen in consideration for Prime versions.

reijo