cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Adding grid lines to a plot in Prime 7.0

jamesbarlowpe
4-Participant

Adding grid lines to a plot in Prime 7.0

I am using Mathcad Prime 7.0

Attempting to add grid lines to a plot but the information in the help section for 7.0 does not match what I am seeing in the application.

According to help I am supposed to click the Axes tab in the Ribbon then click Axes Styles: X Gridlines

However the only tab in the Ribbon I have is Plot. There is an Axes area under that but there is no option to change styles.

Guessing there is something I need to turn on or change to I can see and make changes to the Axes Styles but as yet I have not been able to find what that is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:jamesbarlowpe)

There are ways to add gridlines to a plot. for example see here.

Success!

Luc

P.S. You posted this in the forum part for installation and licensing issues. For usage stuff regarding Mathcad and Prime you should look and post here.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

No way to delete my original post but I did figure this one out.

Found out that Chart Components and Plots are not the same thing and thus I can't make changes to the plot based on instruction meant for Chart Components.

Will just stick with the native Plots and live with no grid lines.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:jamesbarlowpe)

There are ways to add gridlines to a plot. for example see here.

Success!

Luc

P.S. You posted this in the forum part for installation and licensing issues. For usage stuff regarding Mathcad and Prime you should look and post here.

Thanks for the link to your other posting and the note about where I posted this.  First post in the community so clearly more to learn.

I copied your Grid equations into my file and was able to add the grid lines just how I wanted them so exactly what I needed.

Also learned about Areas which I had not seen before so that was an added bonus that I can use in the future.

Top Tags