cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Copy template settings

Chris_Johnson
12-Amethyst

Copy template settings

Hi,

We have multiple seats of MathCAD prime 7. How can I copy the template settings to another installation? On Creo parametric for instance there is a config.pro file that you can place in the user's profile that sets up the templates and other settings, according to company standards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found the following tech support article, which pointed me in the right direction, finally.

Article - CS355492 - How to configure Mathcad Prime with server for multiple users? (ptc.com) 

In brief, C:\ProgramData\PTC\Mathcad Prime\MathcadPrime.exe.V7.config is the xml file you need to edit and copy to each user's PC to set company standards for template location, licensing, etc.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Thanks, I've already worked this out. I really want to know how to copy those settings from a PC where this is already set up to another one, where it is not, without having to manually open the settings and change it. I assume these settings are in a registry hive, or contained in a settings file somewhere? 

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Chris_Johnson)

I found the Default template for Spanish on my computer at:

C:\Program Files\PTC\Mathacd Prime 7.0.0.0\Default Templates\es\Default.mctx

I suppose that if you change    /es/    to    /en/    you get the English default.

Success!
Luc

I'm a little further with this now. It seems the settings are stored in an xml file, called user.config, in a folder under the user profile:

c:\users\<username>\appdata\local\PTC\MathcadPrime.exe_Url_<unique string of apparently random charachters>\7.0.0.0\user.config

Obviously, the random string seems to stop me from using a batch script to copy these settings to the user's profile when installing the software. Is there a supported way to do this? 

I found the following tech support article, which pointed me in the right direction, finally.

Article - CS355492 - How to configure Mathcad Prime with server for multiple users? (ptc.com) 

In brief, C:\ProgramData\PTC\Mathcad Prime\MathcadPrime.exe.V7.config is the xml file you need to edit and copy to each user's PC to set company standards for template location, licensing, etc.

Top Tags