cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Introducing eSupport tools to help you setup or troubleshoot Mathcad Installation and Licensing

cgorni
16-Pearl

Introducing eSupport tools to help you setup or troubleshoot Mathcad Installation and Licensing

We are happy to introduce those two tools on the eSupport site! These tools are designed to quickly get you the information you need in one place without having to search for it.

1. The Mathcad Installation Central Resource Page provides step by step instructions to perform common Mathcad tasks like New Installation, Download License File, and Configure Mathcad Application. These topics cover both locked license and floating license configurations. If you’re new to managing a Mathcad installation, the one-minute video on the landing page will explain the basics.
  2. The Guided Licensing & Installation Troubleshooter for PTC Products based on FlexLM is a one-stop-shop for the vast majority of problems and errors encountered when using a license server. Most FlexLM licensing errors have multiple causes. Within a couple clicks you can review the most common solutions for that specific issue. Many of these solutions have links that open a popup window for more detailed steps or a video demonstration.

End Users and Mathcad Admins are already finding these tools valuable. Our knowledge experts are actively monitoring your feedback and continuing to enrich the content with more pictures and videos. Even if you’re not currently having a license/installation question, take a look and tell us what you think!

3 REPLIES 3
DS_10024912
12-Amethyst
(To:cgorni)

Nothing here covers the problem I have.  I paid for a license - but, PTC's dysfunctional portal simply doesn't provide a license upon providing the requested information.  I've contacted support - no answer yet.  I am in email with the Subscription Manager and the Credit & Collections Administrator.  They have referred me to another team that should be contacting me today.   I can't say I've had any significant issues with other licensed products that I use - other software vendors provide a direct link (that works) or will simply send me an email with the license file attached.   PTC is the poster child for inept support and seriously bad management of licenses.   

Do me a favor and provide me with the license I paid for.  

AndrewK
Community Manager
(To:DS_10024912)

Hi @DS_10024912 It looks like you were able to get the help you needed Solved: Re: Where does the license file go? - PTC Community. Let us know if we can provide any further assistance.

Yes, I got the license connected to PTC MathCAD prim.   Part of the issue was that I was incorrectly told the wrong SON number in my invoice.   

Top Tags