cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Manual floating license setup problem: Invalid Host status 25

JO_9779010
4-Participant

Manual floating license setup problem: Invalid Host status 25

I have a manual flexlm install with one instance of lmgrd listening on port 27000. Multiple vendor daemons are successfully running under that. I'd like to add the new vendor daemon ptd_d into the mix but I'm getting "status 25 Invalid Host" errors when the license file is read.

17:03:36 (lmgrd) REstarted ptc_d
17:03:36 (lmgrd) Done rereading
17:03:36 (lmgrd) ...Finished rereading
17:03:41 (lmgrd) ptc_d exited with status 25 (Invalid host)

My PTC license file looks like this:

SERVER myhostname PTC_HOSTID=XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX 27000
DAEMON ptc_d "c:\flexlm\ptc_d.exe" 7788

The host machine has two NICs installed. The PTC license file is keyed to the first/main/active NIC.

lmgrd 11.16.2

ptc_d 11.14.1.2 (also tried 11.16.1.2, no change)

Windows 10 64 bit

I've tried various permutations of putting things in quotes, using opt files, etc. I even regenerated the license file to use the other NIC/MAC address, no change. Still getting Invalid Host 25 errors.

The license file SERVER syntax is a bit different from what I'm used to with my other vendor daemons. All other license files use the mac address as a simple hex string, but PTC uses PTC_HOSTID=XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX format. I've tried changing that line around too. No change. Still getting Invalid Host 25.

Any suggestions what to try here?

2 REPLIES 2

@JO_9779010 wrote:

I have a manual flexlm install with one instance of lmgrd listening on port 27000. Multiple vendor daemons are successfully running under that. I'd like to add the new vendor daemon ptd_d into the mix but I'm getting "status 25 Invalid Host" errors when the license file is read.

17:03:36 (lmgrd) REstarted ptc_d
17:03:36 (lmgrd) Done rereading
17:03:36 (lmgrd) ...Finished rereading
17:03:41 (lmgrd) ptc_d exited with status 25 (Invalid host)

My PTC license file looks like this:

SERVER myhostname PTC_HOSTID=XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX 27000
DAEMON ptc_d "c:\flexlm\ptc_d.exe" 7788

The host machine has two NICs installed. The PTC license file is keyed to the first/main/active NIC.

lmgrd 11.16.2

ptc_d 11.14.1.2 (also tried 11.16.1.2, no change)

Windows 10 64 bit

I've tried various permutations of putting things in quotes, using opt files, etc. I even regenerated the license file to use the other NIC/MAC address, no change. Still getting Invalid Host 25 errors.

The license file SERVER syntax is a bit different from what I'm used to with my other vendor daemons. All other license files use the mac address as a simple hex string, but PTC uses PTC_HOSTID=XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX format. I've tried changing that line around too. No change. Still getting Invalid Host 25.

Any suggestions what to try here?

Hi,

please ask PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

Did that yesterday. Spent several hours on the phone. Had to install multiple instances of Microsoft C++ Runtime binaries, had to install 100MB zip file of some PTC licensing application, tweak windows services permissions, etc. etc. and finally got something to run. What I ended up with is a totally separate lmgrd instance running as a separate service running on a different port. Not what I wanted.

Every other vendor I've encountered has a very simple flexlm configuration that has been easy to integrate into my system. Put the license file in the directory. Put one small vendor daemon executable in the directory. Use lmutil to force lmgrd to reread license files. Done.

I was hoping there was some easy fix here, but it looks like the ptc_d daemon is... different.

Top Tags