cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Mathcad installation troubles.

JK_10130120
1-Newbie

Mathcad installation troubles.

Installation Assistant does not detect PTC license pack on the application selection. The pack was forwarded via email to another computer with the installer on it. Does that effect the license pack? Currently, both pack and installer are in the same file, same drive. Do I need to unzip the pack from .dat?
4 REPLIES 4

1. What version of Mathcad are you trying to install?

2. If you have the installer and the license file in the same archive, then you need to unpack the files. And when choosing a license, point to this license file. 

3. Also many installation answers can be found here - "All About Mathcad Software Installation": https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Installation/All-About-Mathcad-Software-Installation/m-p/706433#M26

Mathcad 3.0 Student Edition

That url does not have the version I'm looking for.

Do I have to do anything with the license dat file besides saving it to a folder?

If not, both installer and license file are in the same folder. However, when I try to use the installer, it does not detect any application in the application selection tab.

The license file will need to be specified manually. Have you already installed the program, does it run?

rghadge
15-Moonstone
(To:JK_10130120)

@JK_10130120,

Is it a floating license or a node locked license file? Based on its type you need to decide whether the license manager needs to be installed or not.

You need to install license server for a floating type license file. If possible, please share license file here.

Top Tags