Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to re-install mathcad 3.1 on my computer

Marble
Marble

Need to re-install mathcad 3.1 on my computer

Hello,

I purchased a permanent academic licence for MathCad Prime 3.1 in late 2016.  I have had to replace the HDD on my computer and have re-installed Mathcad Prime 3.1 using the DVD which came with my order and Mathcad is working in express mode right now.  However, I cannot access the flexnet software (insufficient privileges) required to install my licence and restore full functionality as I do not have a current support contract.  This does not seem right to me as I was told that I had a permanent licence for Prime 3.1 when I bought it.  I am attaching my latest licence file from PTC if this helps.  

Any assistance would be appreciated.  

Mike O'Neill

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Need to re-install mathcad 3.1 on my computer

@Mko 

Since you have brought the license from PTC Sales, than I believe you have a license file to run the software. If that's true than you just need to get the host id updated for the new machine.

My suggestion: Open a case with PTC LM and request them to move your license to new host id(Mac Id) - Refer step 3 in the below listed article and choose option #Log a Case :

Refer -https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Installation/How-to-obtain-Mathcad-Single-User-and-Student-...

log.jpg

I hope the above details help.

Harry,

Thanks for the response.  I will try what you have suggested and let you know how It goes.

mike

Harry,

I am able to request and obtain a licence as you describe.  However, I think I need to re-install the flexnet software, and I cannot download now because I do not have an active service contract.  I tried to contact PTC sales without success.  Any ideas on how to proceed?

mike

Announcements
NEW FORUM dedicated to Mathcad Installation topics now available!