cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Unsuccessful support for utilizing MathCad-15 and Prime which I purchased in 2018

wayneRanderson
2-Guest

Unsuccessful support for utilizing MathCad-15 and Prime which I purchased in 2018

I have been on the phone and on-line, starting yesterday and continuing today (many hours) trying to download MathCad-15 and Prime-4 that I ordered in 2018:
Customer #: 600349
Service Contract #: 7A2115399
Sales Order #: 3501001
Yesterday, based on this information I received 2 license files, one ending in "_standard.txt" which is for my new computer. I clicked on the attached website for downloading the software and your system didn't allow me to go to that site or any site in the e-mail with the license files. Yesterday, someone had me download the trial version of Prime; however, there was no means of how to utilize a license file. Which of my license files is used for MathCad-15 and which one is used with Prime-4 (which I had previously)? Today, someone gave me a link to download MathCad-15; however, after I downloaded the free version of MathCad-15, I was unable to read the "read me first" or the installation-help files (seemed to be a conflict between Google-Chrome (which I always utilize), Edge and Internet Explorer. I was not able to install Mathcad-15!

What do I need to do such that I can start utilizing MathCad-15 and Prime. Currently, MathCad-15 is high priority.

Wayne R Anderson
wayne.r.anderson@gmail.com

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Wayne,

Just click on to the link mentioned on the error message itself as the Microsoft.NET Framework is a pre-requisite for Mathcad 15 to install.

Surely Mathcad 15 will be up and running after this step.

Regards,

RohitP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello Wayne,

Here is the link for the Mathcad Tip which will definitely help you to resolve your issue:-

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Installation/All-About-Mathcad-Software-Installation/td-p/706433 

Also, you can use either of the license file (lm_#####.txt or lm_#####_standard.txt)to license Mathcad Prime and Mathcad 15.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

RohitP

When I go from step 4 to step 5, I get the following error message:

[image: image.png]

Here is some information on my new laptop:
[image: image.png]

Please let me know what to do next and thank you in advance,

Wayne R Anderson

Hello Wayne,

I'm not able to view the error image you attached.

If you could attach it once again.

Regards,

RohitP

wayneRanderson_1-1617387976964.png

Hello Wayne,

Just click on to the link mentioned on the error message itself as the Microsoft.NET Framework is a pre-requisite for Mathcad 15 to install.

Surely Mathcad 15 will be up and running after this step.

Regards,

RohitP

Top Tags