cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

license issue

RN_9095329
1-Newbie

license issue

need assistance with network based license .dat file
4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:RN_9095329)

It's not clear what problem you have...

Have you checked here?

Success!
Luc

When following the get license instructions I do not have a floating license like I should have been given as requested. 

Also when I acquire license using license wizard and my account login is says Mathcad is successfully licensed but then I open the program and it says 29 days remaining. Then I go back to license manager and it asks for a product code that i cannot find in the license.dat file that I have.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:RN_9095329)

Contact PTC support. Get someone on the phone to help you.

Success!
Luc

Hi @RN_9095329,

To connect Mathcad to the license server, follow the below steps.

1. Generate the license file for the server host ID (A1-B2-C3-D4-E5-F6 )
    1. You can generate the license file using PTC Manage license
    2. Go to https://www.ptc.com/en/support look for Manage Licenses under popular task
    3. Under license action select Advanced Search > Search
    4. You will now be able to see the available and installed license
    5. From Available license check the box and select install license and provide the server host ID
    6. It will trigger an automatic email which will consist the license file for the server
  2. Once the license file is received download Flexlm license server
    1. Go to https://www.ptc.com/en/support look for download software
    2. Select Additional Downloadable Software Updates > PTC License Server: FLEXnet Publisher > English
    3. Download the license manger version supporting the platform you have as a server
    4. Once the media is downloaded extract the folder and run the setup.exe as administrator
    5. Drag and drop the license file under the source tab
    6. Once the license sever status is available finish the installation
  3. To configure Mathcad Prime to connect to the installed license server
    1. click on the Mathcad button M icon at the top-left corner and select Mathcad Options...
    2. Select License tab
    3. Enter the server hostname for Server option under License Configuration and put 7788 as Port
    4. Click Apply and Close

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vipul

Top Tags