cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

reinstallation mathcad 15 on a new pc with a single user license

DR_9763146
2-Guest

reinstallation mathcad 15 on a new pc with a single user license

Hello,

I try to install and open Mathcad 15 on a new PC and when i try to start the mathcad exe, i get an error message that is in german and i propably cant translate it 1:1 but it says something like "the requested license contains an error. invalid host / the hostid of this system does not match the hostid specified in the license file...".

I downloaded the setup and installed mathcad with it multiple times because i wanted mathcad on my 2nd drive thats not the c drive with windows on it but even with custom installation selected in the installer, it installed mathcad always on the c drive and i shifted the license file around a few times aswell and tried opening mathcad during mulitple iterations of this process. I thought i mention that in case that might throw things off or corrupt the linces file or whatever. I deleted and reinstalled the license file aswell naturally.

And also, if i am on the website and press on the top left corner, select "manage and monitor software" and press on "download software" --> "order or download software updates" --> "mathcad" --> any mathcad version --> "most recent datecode" it always says "0 date codes for xxxx / Datecode xxxx / Not available" so i cant download it anymore, i used a link that our university guy send us to download it from. I dont know whats up with that but maybe that helps with solving my license problem in some way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @DR_9763146,

To download the Mathcad version refer below link 

From Where to Download Mathcad for Single User Account or for Student Edition

For complete procedure of installing Mathcad click here

For licensing the product have a glance at the below link.

How to obtain Mathcad Single User and Student Licenses?  

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vipul

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @DR_9763146,

To download the Mathcad version refer below link 

From Where to Download Mathcad for Single User Account or for Student Edition

For complete procedure of installing Mathcad click here

For licensing the product have a glance at the below link.

How to obtain Mathcad Single User and Student Licenses?  

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Vipul

Hi,

i am having trouble with the licensing of the product. I followed the steps shown in the link you send. But i still get an error message "the hostid of this system does not match the hostid specified in the license file" and it also tells me what hostID he is expecting.

I wrote the command in the cmd that the guide showed to get your hostID and i used that HostID in the request but for some reason, mathcad expects a completly different hostID. I`ll try to fill in the expected hostID that mathcad tells me into the form to request a new license and maybe that works.

It didnt work, i still get the same error message

So, when i typed the command in the cmd, it gave me multiple host IDs but the first 2 were so far up that i had to scroll up so i didnt see them and just took the last one. I tried it again with the first HostID from above in the cmd and now it worked, thank you!

Top Tags