cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

where does one find the product code?

Mko
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

where does one find the product code?

When one goes to install Mathcad (ver Prime 3.1), the program asks for the product code.  I have looked at all the info I have from PTC (fulfillment letter, hard copy of software, etc) but I do not see it.

Can anyone advise where I would find the product code?

thanks

m8ike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Harry_Seth
15-Moonstone
(To:Mko)

@Mko 

Since you have brought the license from PTC Sales, than I believe you have a license file to run the software. If that's true than you just need to get the host id updated for the new machine. My suggestion: Open a case with PTC LM and request them to move your license to new host id(Mac Id) -

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Installation/How-to-obtain-Mathcad-Single-User-and-Student-Licenses/m-p/706384#M16

Refer step 3 in the article and choose the option #Log a Case :

log.jpg

I hope the above details help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mko
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:Harry_Seth)

Harry,

thanks for the quick response.  However, I bought my copy of Mathcad 3.1 through a PTC salesperson, so this info did not help me.  

I have looked at all the info I received from PTC and I don't see anything in the format described in the link you sent.  Honestly, I would have expected that the product code would be prominently displayed somewhere, given its role in getting the software to operate.  Part of me thinks that I have missed something ...

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Mike O'Neill

Harry_Seth
15-Moonstone
(To:Mko)

@Mko 

Since you have brought the license from PTC Sales, than I believe you have a license file to run the software. If that's true than you just need to get the host id updated for the new machine. My suggestion: Open a case with PTC LM and request them to move your license to new host id(Mac Id) -

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad-Installation/How-to-obtain-Mathcad-Single-User-and-Student-Licenses/m-p/706384#M16

Refer step 3 in the article and choose the option #Log a Case :

log.jpg

I hope the above details help.

Top Tags