cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Combine square roots division

GLeBaTi
4-Participant

Combine square roots division

Hi again. 

Help me please. How can i combine this squire roots by mathCad?:

Снимок.PNG

I was try simplify + assum, ALL>0, but it working only with squire roots multiplications.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The two expressions are NOT equivalent!

It would be the fourth root of b!!

The command you are looking for is "combine":

B.png

Don't use "simplify" after combine!

In general, the possibilities to affect and control the output of symbolic simplifications in Prime are very limited compared to other programs. Even Matlab, which also uses muPad for symbolic calculations, offers much more options.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

The two expressions are NOT equivalent!

It would be the fourth root of b!!

The command you are looking for is "combine":

B.png

Don't use "simplify" after combine!

In general, the possibilities to affect and control the output of symbolic simplifications in Prime are very limited compared to other programs. Even Matlab, which also uses muPad for symbolic calculations, offers much more options.

GLeBaTi
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Sorry, i did misspelling in image.

I was change image 🙂

@GLeBaTi wrote:

Sorry, i did misspelling in image.

I was change image 🙂

See my added and edited answer above

I happened to have a conversation with a MatLab technical sales support representative.  Their comment was, "MathCAD uses a very old version of the engine."

I'm surprised that PTC actually carried it into Prime.

@Fred_Kohlhepp wrote:

I happened to have a conversation with a MatLab technical sales support representative.  Their comment was, "MathCAD uses a very old version of the engine."

I'm surprised that PTC actually carried it into Prime.

Really? Its PTC! I'm not surprised.

OK, maybe I should be surprised that Prime still offers symbolic calculations anyway.

I guess that the problem is not only, that Prime (and MC15) use an old engine but also that they do not give access to the full potential of that engine.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

I think that is a matter of licensing.

Note that back in the good days (that still remain for some lucky guys) Mathcad used to be equipped with a(n older and downfeatured) version of Maple...

Luc

I got the impression that the version of MuPad in Prime and the version in Mathcad 15, 14, . . ?  were the same.

That PTC just carried what was there forward as long as it could be linked thru the new front end.

Yes, Luc,  sometimes I miss Maple too!

@LucMeekes wrote:

I think that is a matter of licensing.

Note that back in the good days (that still remain for some lucky guys) Mathcad used to be equipped with a(n older and downfeatured) version of Maple...

Luc

Yes, and you sure are aware hat there were ways to get access to Maple features which were not intended to be used in Mathcad and I think uno posted ways to embed a current, full featured Maple in Mathcad. Guess no one bothers to play around to see if there would be similar possible with muPad. After all muPad is not Maple - by far not that powerful.

GLeBaTi
4-Participant

Thanks! It working now)

Top Tags