cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Convert Mathcad files to Mathad Prime MCDX format

Tensor123
1-Newbie

Convert Mathcad files to Mathad Prime MCDX format

Converting Legacy Mathcad Worksheets

You can convert legacy Mathcad files to Mathcad Prime 2.0 MCDX format.

When you convert a legacy file to Mathcad Prime 2.0 format, the converter annotates all unsupported content and saves the original content as an image. Annotations are also used to flag differences in calculation methods, result formatting, or operator display. For additional information, refer to the Mathcad Prime 2.0 Migration Guide.

You may have to reformat some of the converted content. For example, headers and footers are handled differently in Mathcad Prime 2.0, so the XMCD, MCD Converter does not perform a complete conversion. In this case, the conversion is partial and you must add the finishing touch as you open the converted worksheet.

Note

Before converting a legacy file, keep the following in mind:

If you update a converted file in Prime, a new conversion of the same source file will overwrite the updated file.

If you convert a legacy file, and a file with the same name already exists in the working directory, you get a warning message that the file will be overwritten.

If a source file contains a write function, such as WRITEPRN, opening the converted file will write to the specified data file name.

Have anyone more Experiences? My Toolbar Button of import/export tabs, for import Mathcad MCD files not work. Get with Mathcad 14, 15 exported MCDX file?

13 REPLIES 13

Do you have installed Mathcad 15 on your PC (Mathcad Prime 2.0 requires the latest service release of Mathcad 15 M010: http://www.ptc.com/products/mathcad/mathcad-15-0/free-trial.htm)?

I have a M13,M15, Prime 2.0 been installed, i will too with copy/paste key function mathcad sheet to use, but not happyfull, split function fail.

What a Windos OS are you using? Try to reinstall Mathcad Prime 2.0.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:Tensor123)

When you installed MC13 and MC15, which one did you install last? Also, which service release of MC15 are you running?

Run Mathcad | Mathcad Prime 2.0 XMCD, MCD converter from Windows Start menu.

File location : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PTC\Mathcad Prime\Logs\Mathcad Prime_Exception_20120521_135408.log

Build Number : 2012.02.17.RC06

System Culture : en-US; Current UI Culture : en-US

Architecture: x86

Exception data:

File being opened: C:\Documents and Settings\MWNS\My Documents\aufgabensylwia.xmcdz

System.FormatException: Incorrect file format, file should be from Prime

OS Windows XP SP3, log file, success less opening file

Mathcad Prime cannot open xmcdz files directly.

You should run a converter, convert file or files that you have, and open the mcdx files created by the converter in Mathcad Prime.

Why? that is ground XML files pooling.

Marek,

I replied to your other post, how to convert earlier versions of Mathcad into Mathcad Prime 2.0, Converting Your Worksheets to Mathcad Prime 2.0 in 3 Easy Steps.

You need to make sure you have Mathcad 15 M010 installed, as someone else pointed out.

If you are still having issues, write back.

Mona

Mathcad Prime 1.0 and 2.0 work directly only with the new ".mcdx" file format.

Shame, that pass't to my super sonic rocket cad software, standard macro language change.

You have to have MathCAD 15 installed also.  Yes, MathCAD put out a program that is not backward-compatible.  With Office 2013, I can open Excel and Word files generated in the 1980s.  PTC decided that that kind of flexibility would be a travesty so with Prime, they make you convert your files to a new format.  Bonus:  the converter rarely works.  I'm just sticking with MathCAD 15.  For anybody that bought Prime, I'd be looking for my money back. 

My office bought it not knowing that Prime just made 20 years of MathCAD worksheets unusable.  They're not even readable.  They're finding out right now how stupid all of this is.  My recommendation to my IT department:  I'd corner that salesman and get my money back.  I bring my laptop to work that has MathCAD 15 and do any work I need on that.  I'm not going to just recreationally convert all my files, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

Hi,

I hope that you know that Mathcad Prime license enables yout install and run Mathcad 15.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags