cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Downloading Mathcad 15

mfrench
12-Amethyst

Downloading Mathcad 15

Hi Folks,

I just got a new computer and need to load V15.  The PTC download page only seems to have a link to a student editon and it requires a product code.  How do I download V15?  I have an academic license on my old laptop and was planning to switch the license to my new one.  Is this possible?

Thanks for your help 🙂

Mark

Since I started this discussion, I should probably update the group.  Here's what I've done so far:

1 - Tried to go online.  No luck.  PTC web site deosn't recognize my product code.

2 - Answered a license management survey that PTC sent me because 'Your feedback is important to us so we know what can improve upon and how we can better service you'.  I got an email from an actual person asking for product and computer information.  I provided information and got an email from someone in Academic Support telling me to click on the Mathcad Support Wizard link.

3 - Link didn't work, 404 error.  After replying with that info, was told to call tech support at 800-477-6435.  When I called and selected license management, I was cut off. When I called back and selected the 'talk to a person', the guy who answered said he couldn't help and gave me a license management number, 877-275-4782.

4 - I called that license management number, got hold music and, after a while, was dumped to voice mail.

It is always this bad?  I seem to be stuck in tech support hell  😐

9 REPLIES 9
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:mfrench)

I suggest you contact PTC support for a license transfer.

Success!

Luc

mfrench
12-Amethyst
(To:LucMeekes)

It doesn't seem to be that simple.  All the entries I've found on their web site want my product code.  When I type it in, the page says it's not valid.  

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

1Please submit your request in "Academic Support Request" form: Academic Case Logger

2. You can download Mathcad 15 by using this link: http://download.ptc.com/products/mathcad/trial/mc15/Mathcad15_EN.zip

mfrench
12-Amethyst
(To:VladimirN)

Thanks for the info 🙂

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

You can get Mathcad 15 here: Mathcad 15

However, I think there are restrictions on transferring academic licenses. Where did you get the original licensing information?

mfrench
12-Amethyst
(To:RichardJ)

I'm a professor, so I bought either an academic license or a student license.  I can't remember which.  Not sure how to tell.  The files name always wants to start with [Academic].

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

In which case it's probably an academic license. So you should do as Vladimir suggests.

Also you can try to transfer a license file by using "Reconfigure Software Licenses" option on PTC's site, here: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/lm/rsl/reconfig.jsp‌‌When creating a request for a new license, you must specify the new MAC-address (from a new PC).

mfrench
12-Amethyst
(To:VladimirN)

Thanks, I'll try it.  The problem right now is that the PTC web site requests my product code and then tells me it's not valid.  Mathcad works on the machine, so I assume the product code is valid.

Top Tags