cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Embed Data from Text File into Mathcad Prime.

ppal
17-Peridot

Embed Data from Text File into Mathcad Prime.

Hi all.

I have some files that read data from text files and then does some calculations.

In some instances that data may be moved which basically "kills" the calculations. 

How can I "embed" the data into the Mathcad file so that it becomes self contained?

Do i have to copy the data into a matrix or table or is there another way?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:ppal)

Do i have to copy the data into a matrix or table

Yes!

@ppal wrote:

or is there another way?

In Mathcad there is a more convenient and space saving method using Insert-Data-Table, but in Prime this seems to be one of the many, many missing features.

You may try a workaround via an Excel component. I am thinking of reading in the data to Mathcad the normal way, write to an Excel file via WRITEEXCEL and then embed this file using the Excel component. Haven't tried, though, but it sounds a bit awkward (so it fits well with Prime).

You can open the text file using EXCEL, then embed an EXCEL file (object) into Prime and copy the data into the object.  This will embed the data in the Prime file.

I agree with Werner--the inserted data table was simpler.

If you copy a range of cells in EXCEL,

Capture.PNG

then paste it into Prime,

Capture1.PNG

Prime will create a table.

This can (for large data sets) get quite cumbersome.

Top Tags