cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

MathCad help

nicolehaik
4-Participant

MathCad help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:nicolehaik)

And what is the problem?

Note that this forum is for help on Mathcad (and Prime) usage. In general we will NOT do your homework for you. But if you run into trouble (error messages from Prime, or notational aspects) we will gladly point you in the right direction.

Had a brief look at your sheet. One remark so far:

Notice that mathcad knows about mathematical constants. It knows pi (you shouldn't enter 3.14), it is on the ribbon, amongst the constants (the item labelled with the big pi sign).

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:nicolehaik)

And what is the problem?

Note that this forum is for help on Mathcad (and Prime) usage. In general we will NOT do your homework for you. But if you run into trouble (error messages from Prime, or notational aspects) we will gladly point you in the right direction.

Had a brief look at your sheet. One remark so far:

Notice that mathcad knows about mathematical constants. It knows pi (you shouldn't enter 3.14), it is on the ribbon, amongst the constants (the item labelled with the big pi sign).

Success!
Luc

nicolehaik
4-Participant
(To:LucMeekes)

Sorry for forgetting to include the error.  I reposted the full question on another post. 

This thread is a good example for why a post should not be editable anymore as soon as somebody had answered to this specific post.

nicolehaik had deleted his message including the attached file after Luc explained that we will not make students homework and suggested an improvement.

That way Lucs answer looks very senseless as nobody reading this thread has an idea what he is talking about.

What nicolehaik did sure was not very clever, not very adult and not very polite, but the main problem is that this forum allowed him to change his post even after Luc has answered.

That said I would strongly suggest to change the behavior from the silly 24 hour (or is it 48?)  limit where we are allowed to edit our posts to a more meaningful way. Allow to edit as long as nobody has answered to that specific post (you  know, the behavior we have in may other forums and we also had in Jive):

nicolehaik
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Thanks for letting me know it got deleted. I reposted the question on a different post if you're still willing to help with my error.

Cheers!

Top Tags