cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Mathcad Error, would appreciate help.

ptc-3488593
1-Newbie

Mathcad Error, would appreciate help.

Hi all,

I'm entirely new to planetPTC, so I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong area.

I've been using Mathcad for a year and a half, but recently began experiencing problems with the mathematical operators. Larger operators such as the definite and indefinite integral no longer appear, but are instead replaced with a long row of placeholders. The functions themselves still work; the operators that represent the functions are the problem.

In the picture below, I have attempted to bring up several operators. From top to bottom they are:

Definite Integral

Indefinite Integral

Summation (Sigma)

Multiplication (asterisk)

Fraction Inside a Parenthesis

Untitled.png

The image has been attached to this post, in case it cannot be read as it is.

Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-3488593)

It's s font problem. Most likely is the symbol font, although it cold be one of the Mathcad fonts. Try reinstalling the symbol font.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Hello!

What version of Mathcad you are using (and, also, on what OS Windows)?

I am running Mathcad 15 on Windows 7 Home Premium.

Have you installed on the PC the following components?

http://communities.ptc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-172070-26996/Pic_3.PNG

I installed both of those just now. No changes...

When you install Mathcad 15, the installation program writes (by the default) installation log "ptcsetup.log" (in Win Vista it is in a directory "My documents"). Try to find this file ("ptcsetup.log") using Windows Search and to attach it to the message.

Here's the file you requested...

Try to uninstall/reinstall Mathcad 15.

P.S. It seems that everything is OK in the log when testing PreRequested components.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:VladimirN)

Problems with operator display have been reported regularly, for years. It is almost always the symbol font that's the problem.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

It's s font problem. Most likely is the symbol font, although it cold be one of the Mathcad fonts. Try reinstalling the symbol font.

I'm more than willing to try this, but I have no idea where to find the symbol font.

Nevermind, I managed to figure out how to get the symbol font. I installed it and the problem appears to be fixed. I appreciate your help guys!

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

It's nice when things work

big_grin.gif

Top Tags