cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Mathcad File Converter Not Working

bgharris1
4-Participant

Mathcad File Converter Not Working

I downloaded Mathcad Express Prime 4,0 and Mathcad 15 today. Mathcad 15 seems to work fine and I can open legacy mcd files and then save them as xmcd files. However when I try to use the xmcd mcd converter function in Mathcad Prime 4.0, it does not work. I add a worksheet and then hit the convert function and it gives me the message that the PTC Prime xmcd, mcd converter has stopped working. I do not know how to fix this problem. Does anyone know how to get the converter to work? I get the same message for both mcd and xmcd worksheets.

I am able to open both of the worksheets in Mathcad 15. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Is it more than about 30 days that you had installed Mathcad 15?

There is a trial period of about 30 days for both Mathcad and Prime. After that time Prime falls back to a limited "Express" Version and can still be used with basic functionality, but Mathcad 15 simply will stop working after that time and so you also will not be able to convert legacy sheets.

But as you wrote that Mathcad 15 as stand alone is working fine, this seems not to be the problem in your case.

Have you tried the converting using the stand alone converter of prime, too?

Please attach your Mathcad worksheet in archive to the message.

Top Tags