cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

PTC Mathcad Prime 3.1 Converter

jsantiago-2
1-Newbie

PTC Mathcad Prime 3.1 Converter

I'm trying to convert an old Mathcad file (.mcd) using the converter included with the subscription to Matchcad but the conversion fails and I get a file with the following text,

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<ConversionLog Date="28/11/2016 01:11:31 p.m.">

<Errors>

<FatalError Text="Mathcad 15 M010 or a later version is necessary to run the converter. Please install Mathcad 15 M010 and then restart the converter." />

</Errors>

</ConversionLog>

Any help?

6 REPLIES 6

You MUST have Mathcad 15 installed on your computer for the conversion to execute.

<Errors>

<FatalError Text="Mathcad 15 M010 or a later version is necessary to run the converter. Please install Mathcad 15 M010 and then restart the converter." />

Can you start Mathcad 15?

I have a student license for Mathcad, does that mean I have to buy a different license to be able to use the converter?

You can download a 30 day free trial of 15, that should get you where you need to go (at least for a month.)

Or, you can post the old file and ask a good samariton  to convert it for you.  (If you are allowed to post the file.

Thanks so much, I'll go ahead and download it.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:jsantiago-2)

And then, before installing, you might want to make sure that you have the latest service release of Mathcad 15 (M045), or get it here:Download PTC Mathcad 15.0 Free | PTC

The answer is:  go find another math program.  I've been a MathCAD user since 1995, so I'm not happy that it's gotten this stupid.  Way to alienate your customers, PTC.  Prime is not an upgrade, it's a downgrade, who knew?

Top Tags