cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Programming using tables

BPP
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

Programming using tables

Greetings to all.

I have a table (Table 1) with a large number of components (A1, A2, etc.) which in turn contains another large number of elements (E1, E2, E3, etc.), whose values ​​necessary to perform operations are in another table (Table 2).

Based on the table1, I need to get the values ​​of the elements forming part of each component (eg A1 (E1, E3), A2 (E2), etc) to perform subsequent operations.

To better understand what I want, I attached an example of what I have to do, and I want to automate as I do it manually would take me a long time because as I said earlier Table 1 has a large number of components

in advance thanks for the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:BPP)

Bryan Pérez Pérez wrote:

Greetings to all.

I have a table (Table 1) with a large number of components (A1, A2, etc.) which in turn contains another large number of elements (E1, E2, E3, etc.), whose values ​​necessary to perform operations are in another table (Table 2).

Based on the table1, I need to get the values ​​of the elements forming part of each component (eg A1 (E1, E3), A2 (E2), etc) to perform subsequent operations.

To better understand what I want, I attached an example of what I have to do, and I want to automate as I do it manually would take me a long time because as I said earlier Table 1 has a large number of components

Do you mean something like the attached? I haven't tested it properly, but it might act as a starting point.

Stuart

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

Hi Bryan, yes I believe it will be possible, but I am not entirely sure what you how you want it automated.

Where is the selection of the component?

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Bryan Pérez Pérez wrote:

Greetings to all.

Do you mean something like the attached? I haven't tested it properly, but it might act as a starting point.

Stuart

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:StuartBruff)

Nicely done Stuart.

BPP
7-Bedrock
7-Bedrock

It's perfect, I made small modifications to work with the data table that I require and works great.

Thank you very much Stuart

Bryan

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

You could simply this problem considerby by removing the strings.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

No worries, Bryan.

Stuart

Top Tags