cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

RC Columns submited to Combined bending and compression

lima_daniel
4-Participant

RC Columns submited to Combined bending and compression

Hello, everyone. 

I'm trying to create a MathCad sheet to dimensionate RC Columns submitted to Combined Bending and Compression, but I'm having trouble finding materials about this in the internet, mostly MathCad stuff. I was wondering if anyone has a sheet that calculates this or something similar to this, that could be sent to me.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

7 REPLIES 7

You are searching Mathcad-sheets (15 or Prime?) in the field of Finite Element Method?

Hello, Valery. Thanks for the answer. I'm looking for MathCad 15 sheets. I don't think its related to FEM, I'm basically trying to make a sheet to calculate the required area of reinforcements to equilibrate a section, the user would input the moments in both directions and axial force as well as the section geometry and location of RC bars. Theres an attached file, its an article that does what I want but in another language, I'm having trouble translating this to MathCad, thats why I'm looking for similar sheets.

No problem to recreate this program (QuickBASIC) in Mathcad.

Mathcad has the Solver and we do not need to create and call the Newton-Raphson procedure.

You can begin and we help if you need!

Val

PS

I have written in 1995 one book on Quick BASIC

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/QB_QB_BC/index.htm

Thanks, Valery! At the moment, I'm trying to collect as many study materials as I can to start focusing in the development starting on December, I will try to start translating and message when I have questions.

You can search (I used "concrete" rather than "column") and find a lot of sheets about reinforced concrete columns.

Thanks for the answer, Fred. I will search, indeed I have been looking for "skew bending" "columns" "compression" but not concrete, should have started from basic.

Please find in attachment "Columns with pinned ends and other support conditions" worksheet (for Mathcad 11, 14/15 version).

Top Tags