cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Solving various systems of equations

ricasc
4-Participant

Solving various systems of equations

Dear all,

I have to solve a nonlinear system of equations.

y1 = a11*x1 + a12*x2 + x1*x2... 

y2 = a21*x1 + a21*x2 + x1*y1...  And so on...

So far, so good, solving the system is a piece of cake with Mathcad. But the thing is I want to solve the system for different values of, for instance, a11. I want to solve the system for a11 = 0,1 then store the result in a matrix, then for a11=0,2, store it, then solve it for 0,3 ... Here is where the problem starts since I'm having a bad time trying to use solve block inside a "for" loop (each iteration modifies the value of a11). Is this possible ? Are there any examples out there ? Any other options ? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:ricasc)

As you found out, you can't use the "find" of a solve block in a program, but you can turn a normal solve block into function dependent on, lets say a11 in your example and call that function in a program loop.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Werner_E
24-Ruby V

As you found out, you can't use the "find" of a solve block in a program, but you can turn a normal solve block into function dependent on, lets say a11 in your example and call that function in a program loop.

ricasc
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Is there any example of that ?

ricasc
4-Participant

I have figured it out now.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Here is an example