cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Symbolically simplify

rhanet
7-Bedrock

Symbolically simplify

Greetings friends of the forum. 

I have the following query: I need to symbolically simplify the following function.

Función.png

Using the following operators that I know of, I do not get a simplified answer:

Calculo simbolico 1.png

Writing the function exponentially, I also do not get a correct answer:

Funcion exponencial.png

Calculo simbolico 2.png

Working in parts if I get the answer:

Calculo por partes.png

Respuesta final.png

There is some symbolic operator or modifier that allows me to calculate without doing it in parts????

I appreciate any suggestions or help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:rhanet)

First realize that it is hard to control the output of the symbolic processor of Mathcad (and Prime) exactly to one's desire.

Here's my result in Mathcad 11 (with Maple)....Not so easy, maybe you have more luck in Prime when you assume that x > 0:

LM_20180721_Simplify.png

Note that the last result is not complete. I chopped off several pages of the width!

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:rhanet)

First realize that it is hard to control the output of the symbolic processor of Mathcad (and Prime) exactly to one's desire.

Here's my result in Mathcad 11 (with Maple)....Not so easy, maybe you have more luck in Prime when you assume that x > 0:

LM_20180721_Simplify.png

Note that the last result is not complete. I chopped off several pages of the width!

Success!
Luc

Thanks for your solution Luc. Working with Mathcad Prime I get what I was looking for:

Respuesta OK.png

Top Tags