cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

When will they fiX "FIND" and "REPLACE"

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

When will they fiX "FIND" and "REPLACE"

This is PRIME 4.0. 

Start with:

Capture.PNG

Result:

Capture1.PNG

4 REPLIES 4

> When will they fiX "FIND" and "REPLACE"

The question is not "when". Its questionable if the ever will.

Given the overall disadvantages and flaws of Prime I guess its a minor problem, though.

Maybe it will be fixed - in a release in the next few decades. or later.

I understand and agree.

But when I'm bringing in blocks of data (from run01,  run02, run03, . . .) It would be nice to update only the subscript of a variable name to differentiate.  And if there are ten variables being dragged in from each run, editing the changing part of the name of each is time consuming and error creating.

Having the find/replace available and not working is just cruel.  They could have dialogs for 2D graphing (labels, gridlines, fonts, etc.) and just ignore the inputs, same effect.

I get your point and agree that this would be a meaningful usage for find & replace.

I just played around with Prime4 to see it there would be a way to use the text representation (-> (@LABEL VARIABLE (@ID lds (@SUB lrmfz)))) of a variable name in the search box to do the job (no success so far) and I am not sure if I miss something. Is there no "replace all" option in Prime?

The handing with the small arrows at the bottom line is quite uncomfortable - unconscionable.

@Werner_E wrote:

Maybe it will be fixed - in a release in the next few decades. or later.

Maybe by then there will be no users and no one will care or complain.

Top Tags