cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

force unit of result

bebee
3-Visitor

force unit of result

Hello,

my calculations deliver the correct units.

1. Actual, I calculate the Value of an inductance, the result is approx. 10µH.

The mathcad result is shown as 1 x 10-5 H. Can I format the result to µH ?

2. When I calculate the speed of voltage rise, I expect the result in V/s, but I get m2 x kg /( s4 x A)

(try to calculate 4V / 2s )

Is it possible to simplify the units?

greetings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

3 REPLIES 3
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:bebee)

1. Actual, I calculate the Value of an inductance, the result is approx. 10µH.

The mathcad result is shown as 1 x 10-5 H. Can I format the result to µH ?

Yes, you can.

2. When I calculate the speed of voltage rise, I expect the result in V/s, but I get m2 x kg /( s4 x A)

(try to calculate 4V / 2s )

Is it possible to simplify the units?

Again yes.

Unfortunately you don't show which version of Mathcad you are using. There is a big difference between Prime and real Mathcad (Mathcad 15 and below).

Basically in both versions you can only set the unitsystem (SI, mks, CGS, U.S., ..) but not the units Mathcad choses within this system to display a calculation result automatically.

But you can change manually the units displayed for every single result and Mathcad will adjust the value accordingly.

How you do that differs whether you are using Prime or MC. In the first you simply overwrite the displayed units by the units you would like to see, in the second you would write the preferred units in the placeholder after the units.

Vs.png

Thank you, works great (I use MC15)

Top Tags