cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

2. How to solve an equation and get a numerical solution that can be used?

pnilsen
1-Newbie

2. How to solve an equation and get a numerical solution that can be used?

Hello!

I try once more. This time with attached mathcadfile.

I have a problem in Mathcad Prime 3.1.

When I solve an equation and want to use the solution, I can't manage to get the answer to be numerical.

This prevents me to define a variable that can be used in further expressions.

How can I solve the equation V ( x ) = 0 and get the answer to a variable I can use further to put into an another function?

As of my understading the problem is that the function doesn't understand the unit of x and it doesn't think the units are right in the final expression.

Please help me to get this right.

If you make it please send the correct file (if possible, with an explanation of what you have done) to: paalan@stud.ntnu.no

Thanx for all help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

On further investigation it seems to be an issue with the unit label for "s" that is not set in the inline evaluation for the result returned by G.

You can fix this issue either by click on "s" on the denominator and write over it again with "s" or "sec"

or

alternatively click on "s" and go to the label unit menu and toggle the label to "Automatic" and then back to "Unit".

Otherwise just remove the inline definition if its not necessary.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

I think the in-line evaluation of G is causing some problems here.

If you don't evaluate G in line and evaluate separately then the assignment to xcritM works fine.

Unfortunately the unit simplification is then not happening in the symbolic expression.

But you may view the result numerically to see it in its simplified form.

in-line eval- symbolic assignment to variable.jpg

I'll check to see if its been reported already.

On further investigation it seems to be an issue with the unit label for "s" that is not set in the inline evaluation for the result returned by G.

You can fix this issue either by click on "s" on the denominator and write over it again with "s" or "sec"

or

alternatively click on "s" and go to the label unit menu and toggle the label to "Automatic" and then back to "Unit".

Otherwise just remove the inline definition if its not necessary.

Thank you very much.

You just saved my day.

Best regards

Top Tags