cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

3 Dim matrix question and problem

JamesKeeney
1-Newbie

3 Dim matrix question and problem

I want to perform matrix math using a varible in three dim as a function of time Axyz(t)=multiple functions with x, y, z dim. Is there a way in Mathcad 15 to represent this (image a 3 dim cube with a particle in the center and or at each of the corners, as a function of time, I use field theory to alter each particle state, and thus effecting the nearest particle - one time unit later - as it ripples through each "cell" in the cube????)
3 REPLIES 3

Not sure what you want to accomplish. Maybe you post a more concrete example of the mathematical structure you want to create.

Mathcad unfortunately does not support three- or more-dimensional arrays - you would have to create your own structure using nested 2dim-matrices.

Also the handling of an array of functions is very limited in Mathcad.

BTW, please be more careful in chosing your font size. The posting was nearly unreadable here.

Look if the attached is something in the direction you intend to go.

It was not quite clear to me if you would like to have a 3-dim. array of functions or if you only want the particle state in a three dimensional structure (which would be similar to accomplish and easier to handle).

Or maybe you just need a function which is dependable on time and the three coordinates A(t,x,y,z):=....

One example of 3D (4D?)-matrix (a tension)

http://twt.mpei.ac.ru/ochkov/Mathcad_12/4_04_4D_Spline.png

Top Tags