cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

3D Plotting help with MathCad 15

ptc-4415899
1-Newbie

3D Plotting help with MathCad 15

Hello everyone!

I need some help with a little program I am writing for Concrete beams. It seems like an advanced problem to me since I have only used MathCad for a couple of days. So I am going to attach my file in hopes that someone could give me some more insight on how to fix my formulas to plot out the right shapes..

When you open the program, go down to the bottom and look at my 3D plot. I need to figure out how to fix the extra lines that are on the front and rear faces of the model. I have messed around with all of the variables but I am thinking I might have to write a separate function with an array that holds just the endpoints of the beam shape? not really sure. but please make any suggestions you can...I really appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Jimmy

2 REPLIES 2

James Frederick wrote:

Hello everyone!

I need some help with a little program I am writing for Concrete beams. It seems like an advanced problem to me since I have only used MathCad for a couple of days. So I am going to attach my file in hopes that someone could give me some more insight on how to fix my formulas to plot out the right shapes..

When you open the program, go down to the bottom and look at my 3D plot. I need to figure out how to fix the extra lines that are on the front and rear faces of the model. I have messed around with all of the variables but I am thinking I might have to write a separate function with an array that holds just the endpoints of the beam shape? not really sure. but please make any suggestions you can...I really appreciate the help!

Part of the problem is that Mathcad is doing what your data tells it to - each side has 2 corners at x=0, which is where the line is drawn. The shapes look symmetric, so you should be able to rewrite the fx function to calculate the corners of the entire shape relative to 0 and avoid drawing the 2 halves of the beam - see attached for the effect.

Stuart

Stuart,

Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate it. I see from your example what you mean. I am going to play around with it some more with your idea. Once again thank you very much!

Jimmy

Top Tags